Content of the article
- The Message of Medjugorje
- This is a place of prayer
- Prayer originates from a great desire for God and the salvation of souls
- Create an active conscience for yourselves
- To accept the messages with an opening of heart
- Be strong in your faith and protect the faith of your people
- Prayer means a searching for God
- We learn to pray by praying, fasting and loving
- Peace is the root of all life
- I understand that you want continuous prayer
- Keep silent and listen
- Open your hearts, ask God; and I will ask for you
- The strength of the messages
- Your task is to accept Divine peace, to live it and to spread it
- It is risky to read the Gospel because it makes demands of us
- The complete rosary
- What does it mean to recite the rosary ?
- It is necessary to understand a pilgrimage
- The spiritual root from which the fruits of the beatitudes come: a total abandonment to God
- Give all your worries to the Lord
- If Our Lady's face does not shine on your face, then it is useless to speak about her
- You must decide to live for God, with God, in God
- Prayer is a dialogue with God
- Abandon yourselves to the Immaculate Heart
- I am your Mother, my beloved ones, and I have come to teach you to love.
- If we have not understood the Cross,we will never understand anything of Christian life.
- It is necessary to start praying, to start with Our Lady
- Invoke Jesus in your hearts
This book is the first of the four volumes of sermons and discourses given by Fr. Slavko Barbaric and Fr. Tomislav Vlasic during 1984 - 1987 in Medjugorje, and contains talks given from Easter until December 1984.
All chapters of this book are now included
Prayer means a searching for God
Prayer means a searching for God, it is not just reciting the Rosary, it means opening the Gospel and trying to become that Word written in the Gospel. It would be enough for a whole lifetime to read the 5th, 6th and 7th Chapters of St. Matthew. Only by prayer and fasting can we change the world. Talking does not change anything
But we can change it by the Word and by the Grace of God.
Therefore, I insist with you : pray, pray, pray.
Our Lady is repeating at this time : "Pray, pray"
And do not tell me : 'I do not know how to pray.' It is not true. You have the Rosary and the Gospel, and that is enough for you. The priests will tell you everything else. Dedicate some time every day to prayer
(Fr. Tomislav Vlasic - 25th June)